What is Oracle Financial Data Quality Management, Enterprise Edition (FDMEE)? This is a question that those new to the Oracle Hyperion suite of products sometimes ask.
FDMEE is an application that provides integration capabilities within the Oracle EPM suite. FDMEE has ETL-like capabilities to extract, transform and load both data and metadata. Unlike traditional ETL tools like Informatica or Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), FDMEE is built for the finance and accounting professional. The application is web-based and allows a user to managed the integration cycle with a very intuitive and guided workflow.
FDMEE provides unique features that differentiate the software from other ETL offerings. First, the application stores the data that has been processed. The benefit of this is that any user (with the appropriate security) can drill from the EPM application – like HFM, Essbase or Planning – back to the FDMEE web interface and investigate the data and the transformation logic applied for a given time period.Additionally, FDMEE has the ability to provide drill through to the system from which the data was sourced. This capability allows the user to potentially get to the transactional detail making up the balance.
Secondly, the application captures a tremendous amount of transactional information including date and time processes were executed, how and by whom transformation logic has changed over time and performance times. This is foundational to supporting internal and external audit requirements as well as providing actionable information to monitor and improve application stability and performance.
- Web based, accessible via the Oracle Hyperion Workspace
- Easy to use with an intuitive guided workflow
- Powerful, yet easy to create and maintain, transformation (mapping) capabilities
- Prebuilt connections to Oracle EPM products including HFM, Essbase, Planning, HPCM and ARM allowing not only inbound data but also inter-application data movement
- Prebuilt connections to Oracle branded ledger systems of Oracle eBusiness Suite, PeopleSoft and J.D. Edwards
- Prebuilt connections to SAP ECC/R3 as well as Business Warehouse (BW)
- Native drill through from the EPM suite to the source systems for which the prebuilt connections are available
- Data writeback to Oracle eBS and PeopleSoft allowing data from the EPM suite to flow back to the ledgers
- Extremely scalable as a result of using Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) as its data engine
- Enterprise level process monitoring and reporting
- Robust out of the box automation capabilities
- Fully supported SDLC through Oracle Life Cycle Management (LCM)
Tony is an industry recognized expert who specializes in data integration, specifically Oracle FDMEE and FDM Classic. Tony has worked with the Oracle Hyperion suite of products since 2000. He began his Hyperion career at a Fortune 500 medical device manufacturer where he held the role of Hyperion Pillar and Hyperion Enterprise administrator supporting worldwide management reporting. He was also a core team member for projects to implement Upstream Weblink and Hyperion Planning. During his tenure, Tony gained valuable insight into not only how the products function but more importantly how they are used by the business.
In 2006, Tony joined the consulting ranks. Throughout his consulting career, the perspective he gained as an administrator has been critical to delivering effective and efficient solutions. Tony and his team are often able to anticipate the future needs of the end users and develop functionality to proactively deliver a solution which had not yet been requested. Today, Tony is the Integration Director at Edgewater Ranzal. Edgewater Ranzal – or simply Ranzal – is a premier, full service Oracle platinum partner. Ranzal provides services across the Oracle Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) and Business Intelligence (BI) platforms, including Big Data. Tony has grown his team to be one of the largest Oracle EPM data integration focused teams in the world.
Tony has been awarded the prestigious Oracle ACE designation which recognizes not only his tremendous product knowledge but also his commitment to sharing his knowledge with the user community. He is a regular presenter at ODTUG’s Kaleidoscope (KScope) since 2011. Tony has also spoken at Oracle Open World (OOW), Collaborate and regional Hyperion User Group (HUG) meetings. He regularly delivers webinars including co-presentations with Oracle. Tony holds certifications in Oracle Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) for System 9 and Fusion 11, Oracle Planning & Budgeting Cloud Service (PBCS) and Oracle Enterprise Performance Reporting Cloud Service (EPRCS).